Monday, February 1, 2016

Famous Last Words: Week 3

This week’s readings was very great. I find that by the end of my readings of the Ramayana I was able to fully understand what was going on. I especially found that I understood which character was which and I was able to connect the relationships between everyone. I did not find that I particularly enjoyed the ending of the Ramayana. I felt that the epic should have ended with Rama and Sita being together instead of Rama shunning her. The whole second half of the Ramayana was involved with Rama fighting off demons and animals to save Sita. I understand that the both went to heaven in the end, however I wish they got to be together right after he saved her. I did really enjoy the character Rama throughout the Ramayana though. 


Source: Ramayana 


I actually thought my ant take on the Ramayana was one of my better stories I have written. I liked being creative and making the people as ants, Ravana as a crazy eight eyed black widow, and Kumbhakarna as a praying mantis. I felt that I developed the characters, however, I may be able to write a story about Zane and Ira's relationship. 

My other courses have actually been a little busier than what I originally expected. My courses have assigned multiple homework assignments that have been difficult. Also, I am doing my first experiment in my drilling lab this week. That entails measuring the densities of the mud we mixed last week. I will have to write a lab report so that will be very time consuming.
I attending my first AADE meeting last week and that is very exciting. The discussed the different tools that are available in the bottom hole assembly. Also, I enrolled in a drilling simulator that allows you to get real life drilling experience. It is one of the best drilling simulators at any college, therefore I am very excited to see what this course entails.

Finally, I am super (no pun intended) excited for the Super Bowl this weekend. I am a huge sports fan and can’t wait to hang with friends and watch the game on Sunday.

Source: Super Bowl 50



Anyways, thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment