Saturday, February 20, 2016

Famous Last Words: Week 5

I really enjoyed this week's reading and starting the Mahabharta. I did find it very confusing at first because of all the characters involved in the beginning. The storyline is actually starting to make sense after my Wednesday reading assignment. I am excited to see what happens with the Pandavas and their quest to get revenge against Duryodhana for taking Draupadi. I feel that it is going to be similar to the Ramayana except that the ending will be a little happier. Also, Bhima seems to be the best character and reminds me a lot of Rama. I am looking forward to seeing what he does in particular. I hope he is involved in a story plot that I can write about in next week’s storytelling.

My best writing thus far this week was my storytelling again. I had really enjoyed the scene with Baka and Bhima. I felt that it reminded of David and Goliath so I implemented the character of David into my story. The main antagonist was changed to a troll so I felt that was a good change. I really worked on paragraph length this week because I noticed my other stories were sometimes not broken up that well. I want my readers to be able to follow my story so I think I did a better job this week in my story.  If you are curious to read my story about a young man defeating an evil troll in a nearby town, read my story from Week 5.

My other classes have really picked up this past week. I had my first exam of the semester on Thursday and felt I did pretty well. I have two tests next week: Formation Evaluation on Tuesday and Reservoir Engineering on Monday. These exams should be pretty tough so I have been studying a ton for them. I hope I do great on these exams and start the semester off right. Also, drilling lab is starting to really get time consuming. We are required to write a lab report each week and they sometimes take a little longer than desired.

Finally, I “celebrated” my 21st birthday by studying all night. My friends and I are actually planning on going to Top Golf this weekend so that will hopefully be really fun even though I am not the best golfer.


Source: Top Golf


Overall, this has been a very busy week. I am looking forward to getting past these exams and reading the Mahabharata 

No comments:

Post a Comment