Monday, March 7, 2016

Readings Week 9 and 10

I would definitely like to look back at the Ramayana instead of the Mahabharata. It was my favorite epic that I understood a lot better than the Mahabharata. Also, I loved the relationship between Sita and Rama so I want to focus on their relationship. That is why I am interested in watching Sita Sings the Blues. I heard from a friend that it was a great video and I am curious to watch. Also, I plan on reading the Ravana, Roar of the Demon King by Sisodia. I like how it looks to focus on childhood of Ravana and how he got to where he was in the original Ramayana. I felt he was a great villain and I am curious of his past. Furthermore, I may end up reading Ramayana by Nivedita. I think it is cool that they try and take a western side to the story. It may allow me to further understand the Ramayana. Overall, I am excited to indulge more into the Ramayana.


Source: Ravana

No comments:

Post a Comment