Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 9 Reading Diary: Sita Sings the Blues Part B

Below is my continuation of watching Sita Sings the Blues. I am glad that I chose this as my option this week. It is very entertaining and easy to watch. Also, I feel I am fine tuning my knowledge of the Ramayana while I watch.

·       Nina is broken up with Dave by email. This part is very sad and the animations make the viewer feel her sorrow.

·       Sita is exiled into the forest again. She continues her blues. I feel for her because she always is punished and hurt for things she does not deserve.

·       Sita is now pregnant with potentially Rama’s kids. She is so sad that she contemplates killing herself. This is not a high plot point for me in this movie. I wish this was not included in the story.

·       I do not understand why Sita keeps trying to please Rama. She is very faithful to him but he is constantly questioning her. I would definitely leave Rama. However, she has his kids so this may be the reasoning for proving her worth again and again.


·       Sita leaves them behind to go to heaven. The twins are left behind with Rama to live in the kingdom. I am glad that they were reunited with their father. 


Source: Youtube




No comments:

Post a Comment