Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Week 10 Reading Diary: Epified Mahabharata Part A

This week I actually decided to watch the Epified Mahabharta instead of the Ramayana. I felt that I understood the Ramayana a little better than I thought after watching Sita Sings the Blues. Therefore, I wanted to focus on the other epic because I do not have a great grasp on the characters and plotline:
·       The videos are broken up nicely and easy to follow so far.

·       Queen Ganga is again drowning her children in the river. I am still confused on why she is wanting to do this. Hopefully it is explained later on.


·       I enjoyed Sita Sings the Blues a little more because I can follow the narrator better. They are just quick to say names in this one and I keep having to rewind to figure out what is going on.

·       Vyasdeva is extremely ugly but somehow has the three sons: Dhirtharastha, Pandu, and Vidu. I am curious to see how they portray the relationship between both Dhirtharastha and Pandu do to what comes later in the story.

·       Pandu suffers the same fate as the original Mahabharata in that he cannot bear any children or be intimate with anyone else or he will die.


·       Pandu now has the Five sons that he wanted. However, he ends up dying just like the parents of the boy from the forest said.

·       The artwork is very cool! I am glad that you can see how the drawer is actually drawing the images. I tried to draw a few but it did not turn out very well lol. I do like the images in Sita Sings the Blues more because it was more playful and colorful.

·       Margery ends up killing herself after Pandu dies.


·       Drona now enters the story and starts to train the boys. I am glad to see that they stuck with the original because Drona is one of my favorite characters. I am excited to see Draupadi’s
Swamayarma.




Overall, it was a great and creative way to understand this story. I feel I am learning more and more about the Mahabharta.

Epified Mahabharata Link

No comments:

Post a Comment