Thursday, March 24, 2016

Trevor's Portfolio

I chose the portfolio option because I do enjoy getting to write about different topics on the weekly readings. I hope to progress my stories and make them better as the weeks go on. For example, I would like to implement more dialogue and utilize better diction for my upcoming/past stories. Hope everyone enjoys!

My First Story:



The Kingdom of Greed

This story is about a king and his mistress having a son that tries to take over the kingdom. He attempts to kill the true prince and the king. This resembles the Ramayana loosely in that the next in line king is either exiled or killed. Please enjoy my story and its changes!

My Second Story:



An Ant's Adventure

This story is about a queen ant being kidnapped by a black widow spider. I focused my story on the story of Rama trying to rescue Sita. I hope you enjoy my take on the Ramayana with insects!

My Third Story:




This story involves the characters of Sita, Vali, and Sugriva. Sita is going to a dance with one of these monkey brothers and all is ruined by one brother's jealous actions. It is a love story that results in the true reason why Sugriva wants to help Rama. I hope you enjoy my take on the Ramayana!

My Fourth Story:




This story is a continuation from my above story Revenge Will Soon Come. Vali is seeking revenge on his brother for ruining his love with Sita. In this story you will see what will happen when he decides to bring the Voice from the Mahabharata into his revenge plot. Hope you enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Trevor!
    I thought your introduction post for your portfolio looked great. The description under your story seems to be full and interesting. I also thought it was a good idea to add your personal goal for the portfolio at the stop. I did that too because I think it is important to keep in mind your end goal.
    One critic I might have is to update the date of your introduction post. The introduction post is currently underneath the story so when I clicked on your portfolio link I felt a little lost. Plus it is such a strong into that everyone should see it first!
    As for you story, it is great and I would not change anything about it! I had not focused on Prince Khal in the original story so it was interesting to revisit a character that I have glazed over.
    Looking forward to reading more from you!

    -Sara

    ReplyDelete