Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Week 10 Reading Diary: Epified Mahabharata Part B

Below is a continuation of me watching the Epified Mahabharata:
·       Karna is a fighter instead of a farmer. Drona will only train the Pandavas and not Karna. I am sure this is why Karna fights against them in the great war.

·       I am getting the hang of the narrator. This part of the story made more sense the first time I read it anyways.


·       He does not win in Draupadi’s swamayarma. Arjuna wins instead so this will fuel his anger against them.




·       I still do not agree with Draupadi having to marry all five of the Pandava brothers instead of the won one won her fair and square. 


·       The Pandavas decide that it will be easier for each of them to marry her for a year at a time instead of all at once. This is different from the original Mahabharata. I am glad that they decided to change what has happened. However, I wish Arjuna was the one who just married her.

·       The drawings still amaze me. They are incredible and fun to look at!


·       Arjuna is exiled because he breaks the rules of the brother’s agreement regarding Draupadi. This is unfair but Arjuna has a lot of experiences in the forest for those 12 years.


·       Arjuna falls in love with another woman during his exile. I wish he wasn’t so quick to change his mind on the women that he loves. 


No comments:

Post a Comment