Thursday, January 21, 2016

Famous Last Words for Week 1

Over the past week I have enjoyed writing about many different topics. My favorite writing this week was my storytelling about the Map of the Area Surrounding our Holiday Home. Even though I am not the most creative writer, I liked the endless possibilities I could write about. I really took my time on what I wanted to write about and planned out what I wanted to write about before I even started writing. I feel this is the best way to fully grasp and display to a reader what you wanted to write about.

When looking at the Spring 2016 posts, I noticed that Olivia’s favorite place to visit was the Whale’s Tail in Costa Rica. It is such a coincidence because my family has recently purchased a house about fifteen minutes away from Uvita (Domincal). We have visited the Whale’s Tail plenty of times and it was a close second for my favorite location. It is definitely extraordinary!


Source: Costa Rica House

So far this week my other classes have been going okay. I feel I am going to really enjoy my Production Engineering 1 course for a couple of reasons. First, Doctor Pournik is one of my favorite professors in the program. Also, I feel that this course will really help my future internship this semester. I feel Dr. Pournik is one of the better professors at the idea of growth mindset. My most difficult course will probably be Formation Evaluation, therefore I will spend most of my time on that course. This course involves formation evaluation concepts, such as logging tools, to better drill, complete, and produce certain reservoirs. Although this course will be difficult, I am really looking forward to understanding the material and utilizing it in my internship. Below is an example of a openhole log that we will study in this course. 


Source: Open Hole Log


When it comes to outside of the class, my most important news is that my oldest sister is due to have her new baby on Jan. 23rd. This will be my second niece or my first nephew (we don’t know the gender!). So I am very excited to go home this weekend and hopefully get to see the new baby!


Overall, this was a great first week to the course!

1 comment:

  1. Trevor, I find that picture of your Costa Rican house so beautiful. You are going to have to take me there with you one day! Haha! Also I am looking forward to Production Engineering I as well. Dr. Pournik is one of the better professor's in the petroleum engineering program. However, I’m worried that class is going to be tougher than his previous class last year.

    -Tyler-

    ReplyDelete