Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 3 Reading Diary: Part C

The story of the Ramayana continues to become more interesting as the sections go on. I really like the introduction of the monkey King, Sugriva, along with Hanuman. I do find that Rama hiding in order to kill the brother of the great monkey King Sugriva is not a typical Rama action. It find that it can be attributed to Rama’s compassion and the potential for Vali to ask for mercy/protection, as mentioned in Rama’s Confession. Rama knew he needed to defeat Vali in order to have Sugriva’s help in finding his beloved Sita. Rama’s love for Sita is insurmountable, therefore he would do anything to get her back. I do wish though that Rama would have fought Vali with honor because I feel that he would have easily won and defeated Vali. Rama, in Part A fought off thousands of demons without any problem. Although he did not do what I felt he should have, he is still my favorite hero. I do find that having animals having the characteristics of people is something I would love to implement in my storybook. I found the bears to be intriguing and I will make sure to put one in.

I also enjoyed reading more about Ravana and his interactions with Sita. Sita is continuously fighting off Ravana’s advancements even when he is threatening to put her to death. This displays her love and compassion or Rama, and only him. She even refused to touch Hanuman’s body because she did not want to touch any man but Rama. I would enjoy being able to write about two characters that love each other that much. I feel that it adds a nice dynamic to any story, therefore, my storybook (if I choose that option), will have a love story.


Finally, I have not talked about it much, but I feel Karma will come into play more in the final readings. I cannot wait to continue my readings of the Ramayana. 



No comments:

Post a Comment